Spinach Soup (Palak Soup)
A simple soup of fresh spinach, nutty spices and a creamy finish.
Spice Blend –
- 2 cups Spinach chopped & washed
- 2 Onions finely chopped
- 2 Cloves of Garlic finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 tsps. Rice Flour
- 2 tbsps.’ Water
- 1 tbsps. Cream for garnish
• In a large pan heat the ½ the butter over a medium – low flame. Into the pan add the cinnamon, bay leaf and curry leaves. Sauté for few a minute. Set aside.
• In to the same pan add in remaining butter, chopped onions and garlic - sauté for 5 minutes. Add in the spinach and sauté for another 2 minutes, until the spinach had begun to wilt.
•Add 4 cups of water and cook for 5 minutes or until the leaves become tender. Discard of the leaves and cinnamon. Drain the stock and keep aside. Leave to cool slightly before blending the mixture into smooth. Gradually re add the stock until you get the desired consistency.
• Add in the remaining spices and simmer for 8-10 minutes. In a cup mix the rice flour and 2tbsps of water until smooth, add this into the soup to help thicken.
• Turn off heat and stir in the cream.