Indian Sweet Fruit, Spinach & Curried Potato Salad
Sweet and spicy salad of mangoes, sweet potato and spinach.
Spice Blend –
- 200 grams Cauliflower cut into florets
- 300 grams Sweet Potatoes diced
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 Onion sliced
- 1 Mango diced
- 50 grams Baby Spinach Leaves
- ¼ cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
• Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C, gas mark 6.
• In a large bowl, add in the olive oil, sweet potatoes and cauliflower. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss through the seasoned oil.
• Spread the sweet potatoes mixture evenly on a greased baking sheet. Roast for 20-30 minutes, shaking the vegetables half way through cooking. Once golden brown, remove from the oven and set aside.
• In a large skillet, add in the coriander, mustard and cumin seeds in a and dry roast until the mustard seeds begins crackle – 3 minutes. Remove from the pan, once cooled, grind into a powder along with the sugar and remaining spices.
• In the same pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium to high heat. Add in the onion and cook for 5 minutes, until browned.
• Add the spice mix to the onions and cook for another 5 minutes or until the onions are soft. completely soft. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
• Spread the coconut flakes evenly on a baking sheet and bake for 3-5 minutes until golden brown on the edges.
• In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients for the dressing, stir to combine. Add in the vegetables, mango, spice mixture. Toss through the dressing, then top with the toasted coconut.